Winter uniform

CHUPS_M

Clan
Jan 4, 2021
I know that many of you have served in the military. I want to thank you for this. And I also want to ask you for help. My cousin, who is defending Ukraine now, asked me for winter uniforms for himself and three other friends (Parka extreme cold weather - 1M, 3L). The problem is that it is impossible to find anywhere - out of stock. I was advised to look on EBAY for a used one, but there are no suitable sizes. I will be very grateful for any help or advice

D-Day557

Feb 26, 2022
usa
I know that many of you have served in the military. I want to thank you for this. And I also want to ask you for help. My cousin, who is defending Ukraine now, asked me for winter uniforms for himself and three other friends (Parka extreme cold weather - 1M, 3L). The problem is that it is impossible to find anywhere - out of stock. I was advised to look on EBAY for a used one, but there are no suitable sizes. I will be very grateful for any help or advice
Its kinda Larpy here but sometimes they have some good milsurplus, worth a shot.

Reactions: CHUPS_M

Digital Lode

Clan
Jul 29, 2018
Mn
For an underlayer, if you can't find underarmor, the other brands are ok, it's what I wear ice fishing during the middle of winter. I don't go for the old style waffle-pattern thermal underwear. I like the newer, smooth poly-blend. Silk leggings are great at wicking moisture as well as keeping a little extra warmth in if you can find them. Fleece socks or wool socks. The smaller the thread size the easier they are on your feet if you're expected to walk several miles a day. Some wool socks have huge thread sizes and aren't as comfortable.

Reactions: CHUPS_M

Seabee_Mech

Clan
May 14, 2022
Ohio, south of Canada.
For an underlayer, if you can't find underarmor, the other brands are ok, it's what I wear ice fishing during the middle of winter. I don't go for the old style waffle-pattern thermal underwear. I like the newer, smooth poly-blend. Silk leggings are great at wicking moisture as well as keeping a little extra warmth in if you can find them. Fleece socks or wool socks. The smaller the thread size the easier they are on your feet if you're expected to walk several miles a day. Some wool socks have huge thread sizes and aren't as comfortable.

Silk leggings in the winter is OK but, in the summer, you might be encroaching into Drag Queen territory.

Signed,
Concerned

• Haha
Reactions: Digital Lode

Who has viewed this thread (Total: 1) View details