Clearing Partitions on SD drive

OldGunney

Clan
Nov 12, 2018
Kentucky
Need help. Wanting to clean up this spare SD drive that has extra partitions. How to get rid of them?
Talking about drive E:

Disk Part.png

OldGunney

Clan
Nov 12, 2018
Kentucky
ok, finially got it deleted.

This is for an old Dell Latatude laptop. Going to clone from another laptop to this one to use as a spare.

shiryu_libra

Clan
Mar 7, 2018
talking about Disk 1.
same steps, right click on the E: expand, and it will add the unallocated space, like the 2 gb partition and the 500mb, those space usualy are refered as windows setup at the instalation, when u do a fresh install

500mb is UEFI space, 2gb related to "in-case" something wrong happend, u could restore (if is a brand computer HP, DELL, ACER etc)

cheers

OldGunney

Clan
Nov 12, 2018
Kentucky
I had to go into diskpart and delete the partitions first befor I could Expand the Volumn.

OldGunney

Clan
Nov 12, 2018
Kentucky
This problem is resolved. Was started by my housekeeping in having two spare Dell Lataitude updated with Windows 10. I have three of these laptops. The original Latitude laptop is for my HO train layout. It runs my JMRI program that controls signals and can run trains around autonomously.

Six months ago I noticed the laptop was running very slowly and system was complaining about power supply. Power supply seemed to be putting out power, but as it turned out in was going down and not supplying the required about of amperage. Ordered anther PS and also a battery in case that was in fault. Power supply from Ebay proved to be the wrong type so I ordered another.

Wife had a Dell Latatude, but she loaded to her daughter. Her daughter brought it back saying it was bad and had no power supply. I needed to get mine up and running as my son was coming from California for a visit and wanted to show off my train layout.

Ended up ordering another Dell Latitude laptop off of Ebay and it had a good power supply so that got me up and running. So now after all this I have three of these laptops.

Reset one to give to grand daughter in North Carolina. Had a password on it. Decided not to send as she was too young to be online. Forgot the password.

So last week I decided to bring the two extra laptops up and download updates. I could not remember the password for one laptop. So I tried downloading WIndows 7 on one with a Windows 7 CD. NO UPDATES for that laptop are available and could not get online to download apps. So I was back to cloning the OS from the good spare laptop. That when I noticed a problem with the partitions on it. Got that resolved and back to having two good spares. lol

The End.

Jyrodelix

Clan Member
Clan
Mar 7, 2020
Letterkenny, Ontario
This problem is resolved. Was started by my housekeeping in having two spare Dell Lataitude updated with Windows 10. I have three of these laptops. The original Latitude laptop is for my HO train layout. It runs my JMRI program that controls signals and can run trains around autonomously.

Six months ago I noticed the laptop was running very slowly and system was complaining about power supply. Power supply seemed to be putting out power, but as it turned out in was going down and not supplying the required about of amperage. Ordered anther PS and also a battery in case that was in fault. Power supply from Ebay proved to be the wrong type so I ordered another.

Wife had a Dell Latatude, but she loaded to her daughter. Her daughter brought it back saying it was bad and had no power supply. I needed to get mine up and running as my son was coming from California for a visit and wanted to show off my train layout.

Ended up ordering another Dell Latitude laptop off of Ebay and it had a good power supply so that got me up and running. So now after all this I have three of these laptops.

Reset one to give to grand daughter in North Carolina. Had a password on it. Decided not to send as she was too young to be online. Forgot the password.

So last week I decided to bring the two extra laptops up and download updates. I could not remember the password for one laptop. So I tried downloading WIndows 7 on one with a Windows 7 CD. NO UPDATES for that laptop are available and could not get online to download apps. So I was back to cloning the OS from the good spare laptop. That when I noticed a problem with the partitions on it. Got that resolved and back to having two good spares. lol

The End.
We need to see this train layout...

Who has viewed this thread (Total: 3) View details

Who has watched this thread (Total: 2) View details