Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Trophies
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looking for a real gaming monitor any of you guys have a LG 32GK850G ?

wow you guys are hard core, my comp isn't even close to what you guys have. I guess I need to upgrade.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looking for a real gaming monitor any of you guys have a LG 32GK850G ?

Quote Originally Posted by lostsantana View Post
    wow you guys are hard core, my comp isn't even close to what you guys have. I guess I need to upgrade.

there's a big gap from what works to the high end. up until last summer I was using an AMD Phenom II x4 945 from a 2010 build. later I added an SSD and my gpu had been upgraded in 2013 but it ran the game well in HD.
    LargeMonty

Downloads
    Uploads

OK , just an update, I did some research and finally pulled the trigger on a new monitor for the rig, I threw in some bias because I have had good experiences and trust with Asus (motherboards, routers, monitors)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Will have it by the weekend, so looking forward to seeing how it works out, I will certainly report back on the the investment, the the gaming rig is complete as long as I keep my nose out of flight sims or driving sims...

Trophies
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nice!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

I put a 4 year service plan, just in case, I you see a thousand good reviews and it's always the horrible "This monitor only worked for a month..." ones at the top... I have two Asus monitors already in the house and they have been very reliable, no problems. My current gaming rig has a 27 4K and the kids Mac Mini has a 27" 2K .. no problems with either so hopefully same goes with this one.

I'm sure it won't improve my tow skills from the LAV anytime soon...lol...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Raynet11 View Post
    OK , just an update, I did some research and finally pulled the trigger on a new monitor for the rig, I threw in some bias because I have had good experiences and trust with Asus (motherboards, routers, monitors)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Will have it by the weekend, so looking forward to seeing how it works out, I will certainly report back on the the investment, the the gaming rig is complete as long as I keep my nose out of flight sims or driving sims...
    Ok so I managed to put some hours in on the new monitor with BF4 and a few other games namely Titan Fall 2 and Star Wars Battlefront 2 ...

The experience is what I would call fluid, motion is liquid almost, that’s the only way I can describe the step up from a average 4K LED to an IPS with 150 refresh and g sync. I had to readjust my timing, over time you get used to whatever setup your on and adjust, so this is certainly an adjustment for me but in regards to having a gaming rig from top to bottom this was the missing piece and really lets the Nvidia 1080 do its business very well. Was it worth the price tag? I think so, that’s if this is your hobby and you are like me and have 200+ games (but spend it playing BF4 24/7...)...

I’m satisfied, I usually judge components and upgrades in terms of, could you go back, in this case the answers no.. just as I would say the 1080 is a waste of hardware if your not going 4K .... Right now the 1080’s a waste of money because of bitcoin speculators but this is the upper end of what the 1080 can push... BF4 fully maxed at 2560x1440 and getting consistently 100FPS range..

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Raynet11 View Post
    Ok so I managed to put some hours in on the new monitor with BF4 and a few other games namely Titan Fall 2 and Star Wars Battlefront 2 ...

The experience is what I would call fluid, motion is liquid almost, that’s the only way I can describe the step up from a average 4K LED to an IPS with 150 refresh and g sync. I had to readjust my timing, over time you get used to whatever setup your on and adjust, so this is certainly an adjustment for me but in regards to having a gaming rig from top to bottom this was the missing piece and really lets the Nvidia 1080 do its business very well. Was it worth the price tag? I think so, that’s if this is your hobby and you are like me and have 200+ games (but spend it playing BF4 24/7...)...

I’m satisfied, I usually judge components and upgrades in terms of, could you go back, in this case the answers no.. just as I would say the 1080 is a waste of hardware if your not going 4K .... Right now the 1080’s a waste of money because of bitcoin speculators but this is the upper end of what the 1080 can push... BF4 fully maxed at 2560x1440 and getting consistently 100FPS range..
    Thanks for the update. I was curious about high htz monitors. The game runs at 30-60 htz so Im not sure I understand how a monitor running faster than the server would make much of a difference. That 1080 is a beast of a card. Its a shame what crypto mining has done to prices. I got my rx480 for $180 and they are currently selling used for close to $400.
    Whitefish

Downloads
    Uploads

Raynet,

Mine is a BENQ 24” 120Hz gaming monitor. Had it for about three years and it is still running great. BenQ has come a long way. Very happy with it although I’m now craving a larger monitor

I tried to find it on newegg but it’s not there. Either way, great monitors and pretty well priced.

Edit:

Found it.

https://www.amazon.com/BenQ-XL2420T-...ywords=XL2420T
    Last edited by Akula20342; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:10 PM.
    IF YOU CAN ACTUALLY HEAR ME YELLING AT YOU I WANT THE SAME DRUGS YOU'RE ON!!!!!