Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Looking for a real gaming monitor any of you guys have a LG 32GK850G ?

Any of my fellow PC gamers have own this monitor? I'm running an i7-4790K (4.00GHz) , MSI Gaming 5 (MS-7917) motherboard, GeForce GTX 1080 SC (EVGA).

My current monitor is an early Asus 4K with a less than steller refresh.. looking at getting a gaming monitor this has some great reviews but I actually trust you guys.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16824025836

cheers,
    Ray

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looking for a real gaming monitor any of you guys have a LG 32GK850G ?

Close, I use this one, and like it. Its not the best picture or size, wow factor but rather a monitor that allows you to game more competitively.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-797-_-Product

Yours seems to be a newer model perhaps.

Gsync and 144 hz is a huge upgrade

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looking for a real gaming monitor any of you guys have a LG 32GK850G ?

It's a pretty decent chunk of change, I don't know much about the Gsync but in theory (like SLI ) it sounds great, I'll have to do my research in terms of if it's worth the extra coin or not. I know I'm firing more rounds (and missing) then I need to be due to my refresh at times, certainly when I'm hunting infantry from up high.

Downloads
    Uploads

just got this one for xmas.... i love it. 21:9, 144hz, 34" curved... it is a beauty and i love it...

https://www.amazon.com/LG-34UC89G-B-...SBdwnzH4aSxBwf

PS - I ordered it online from Costco and was less expensive than the amazon link with free shipping...

Downloads
    Uploads

RD, I looked at that one, I thought man is that going to be to big? I maybe 2 feet from the monitor, I could say that I also use the rig for office work when I'm not playing but that would a lie since I end up doing the day job from my MacBook (Just another IT guy..)

How far away from the monitor do you play ?

thanks,
    Ray

Trophies
    Downloads
    Uploads

700 bucks for a monitor...no thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Again, Gsync and 144hz plus is huge. It makes everything comparatively glassy/buttery smooth. Asus and Nvidia work well together. I run mine off a ROG laptop. I’d bet RD monitor has a better picture but I bet the Asus is smoother. Up to you on what is important. YouTube reviews help.

Downloads
    Uploads

Red , I'm guessing you would mow me down even if you were using a late 90's CRT while hitting the degauss button just because you can...

Downloads
    Uploads

Doesn't need to be pretty, just need to see the little ants running through the field from the chopper... lol.. I have had good luck with Asus monitors, that's my current it's a 4K , it just became clear to me how much the monitor refresh after I built this rig, I had the monitor with a Nvidia 960 and you didn't have to worry because the card couldn't keep up with anything over 1900 rez anyway.. Time to hit YouTube see what the best bang for the buck is , all of these monitors are in the same price range with the Gsync

Trophies
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Raynet11 View Post
    Red , I'm guessing you would mow me down even if you were using a late 90's CRT while hitting the degauss button just because you can...
    LOL, If you saw my internet speed you would certainly wonder wtf...

10M download, 1M upload speed

Thats the price I pay for refusing to live in the city